- “The ‘Gerrymander’: The Politics of Redistricting,” Newman Library, Blacksburg, VA, Research and Text Contributor, April 15-July 8, 2019.
- Shruti Phadke, Jonathan Lloyd, James Hawdon, Mattia Samory, and Tanushree Mitra. 2018. “Framing Hate with Hate Frames: Designing the Codebook.” In Companion of the 2018 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW ’18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 201-204.
- Lloyd, Jonathan A. 2013. “Digital Footprint: A ‘Concerned and Careful’ Approach.” Pp. 47-49 in Plug-in and Live: Voices from the Digital Natives, edited by Alecea Standlee. Athens, WV: Smashwords.
Theses and Dissertations
- LLoyd, Jonathan A. 2019. “Hate Managers and Where They Target: An Analysis of Hate Crime as Hate Group Self-Help.” MS Masters Thesis, Department of Sociology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA. Retrieved from VTech Works.
- Applied Research Associates, Inc. 2019. Development of Reusable Respirators Program.Addendum to BARDA Annual Report, Capital Area Division.
- Applied Research Associates, Inc. 2019. Field Usability Assessment Decision Tree. Training Material for 4TDS Development, Capital Area Division.
Virginia Tech Center for Peace Studies and Violence Prevention
Constructed new website for the Center for Peace Studies and Violence Prevention, managed web content, and addressed errors and updates.
Technical Intern 3
Applied Research Associates
Advised on socioeconomic concerns and implications regarding the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority’s (BARDA) Development of Reusable Respirators Program and developed training narratives for the Trauma Triage Treatment and Training Decision Support project.
Graduate Research Assistant
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
“Radicalization on the Internet: Virtual Extremism in the U.S. from 2012-2017.” PI: Thomas Ratliff, James Hawdon, David Snow, Rebecca Barret-Fox, and Matthew Costello.
NORC at the University of Chicago
Located and interviewed respondents through computer assisted personal interviewing and telephone questionnaires for the Survey of Consumer Finances.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
“Technology and Making-Meaning in College Relationships: Understanding Hyper-Connection”. PI: Alecea Standlee.